You can eat it just by itself. One of my favourites.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 10 to 12 dumplings
For the dumplings
- 2 cups grated cabbage
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp semolina (rawa)
- ½ tsp dhania powder (coriander powder)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp coriander (kothmir)
- ¼ tsp ginger green chilli paste
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
For the tempering
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
- 1 tsp white til (sesame seeds)
- 3 kadi patta (curry leaves)
- Coriander chutney
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Squeeze the mixture, make small dumplings and place them in a steamer
- Steam for 8 to 10 minutes till done.
- Remove from the steamer and allow to cool for a minute.
How to proceed
- Heat the oil add the rai, till, kadi patta.
- Saute the dumplings on both sides till they turn brown in colour.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney.