An all time favourite. Have it any time of the day.
- Preparation time: 4 hours
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4 to 6
- To be kept aside for 4 hours
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup yoghurt
- Salt to taste
To add later
- A pinch of asofoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp ginger green chilli paste
Banana leaves for making the panki (cut into square pieces)
Oil for greasing and cooking
- Green coriander chutney
- Mix the ingredients for the panki batter. Add 1 ½ cups of warm water. Cover and keep aside for 4 hours.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and ½ cup of water. Mix well.
- Put oil on one side of the banana leave and place on a non stick tawa.
- Put some batter on the greased side of the banana leaf and make a thin layer. Cover with another banana leave.
- Cook on a non stick tawa on both sides till the panki is done. Brown spots will come on the leaves. The panki must come out easily.
- Serve immediately with green coriander chutney.