Roasted makhanas (lotus seeds, fox nuts)
A simple and tasty bite. The health benefits of makhana are many so makes it a great snack anytime of the day or while watching a movie.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 2 cups
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups makhana (lotus seeds, fox nuts)
- In a non-stick vessel heat the olive oil, add the turmeric powder, chaat masala, saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the makhana, salt to taste and saute for 3 to 4 minutes till crisp.
- Remove from the gas and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container and munch throughout the day.