This is a great sweet for Ganpati.
- Preparation time: 50 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 7 to 8 medium size modaks
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- Ghee or oil for lining the modak moulds
- Heat the khoya with the sugar in a non stick pan on a slow fame to make it soft.
- Add the cocoa powder, cardamon powder, vanilla essence and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from the gas and allow it to cool slightly.
- Brush ghee on the inside of the modak moulds. With a spoon place the mixture in the modak moulds and press firmly.
- Unmould the modaks and put in a plate
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Store and use at your convenience.