This is a quick version of the dhokla. It tastes great with aamrass.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 11 minutes
- Serves 1 thali
For the batter
- 1 cup idli batter
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ½ tsp ginger and green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- A pinch of black pepper
To be added later
- 2 tsp Eno fruit salt
To sprinkle on the batter
- Chilli powder
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter together.
- Add the eno fruit salt, mix thoroughly and let the batter froth.
- Grease a thali with oil.
- Pour the batter in the thali. Shake the thali till the batter is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle some chilli powder on the batter.
- Steam in a steamer for 8 to 9 minutes till the dhoklas are evenly cooked.
- Cool the cooked dhoklas slightly and cut into pieces.
- Serve with green chutney or chilli oil.