This makes a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack. This is my Sunday morning favourite.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serve: 4
- 1 tin baked beans (400 to 450 grams)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped onions
- ½ tsp green chillies
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
To serve with
- 4 to 6 pieces of toast
- In a non-stick vessel heat the olive oil, add the onions and saute for ½ minute.
- Add the green chillies, baked beans, tomato ketchup, coriander, salt and chilli powder to taste.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the beans on the toast and serve. Alternatively, you can serve the beans and toast separately.
- You can also apply grated cheese on top of the baked beans on toast and bake in an oven for 3 minutes till crisp.