Makes a super munch and goes well with a cup of hot chai. They taste great with or without the banana.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 8 to 10 small bhajiyas
- 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 cup chopped methi
- A pinch of asafoetida
- A pinch of sambhar powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Make small pakoras with your hand and deep fry till well done.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Options: you can add 2 tsp of chopped banana to the mixture to add that little sweet taste.