For all methi lovers that includes me too. Healthy and nutritious it will go well with your next meal.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 200 grams chopped paneer
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 cups chopped methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tbsp dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- In a non stick frying pan heat the oil.
- Add the hing, cumin seeds and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the onion and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the haldi, dhania powder, garam masala and saute for 15 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 15 seconds.
- Add the methi and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the paneer, chilli powder, salt to taste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Put the lid on top of the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the gas.
- Serve hot with naan or roti.