This is a quick version of the dhokla. I have it in my Dabba regularly.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 1 thali
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- ½ cup cards
- ½ cup of water
- I tsp oil
- ½ tsp ginger-chilli paste
- Salt to taste
To be added later
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
Just before steaming
- Chilli powder and coriander leaves
- Process all the ingredients in a mixer
- Add the Eno fruit salt, mix thoroughly, and let the batter froth.
- Wait for 3 minutes.
- Grease a thali with oil
- Pour the batter in the thali. Shake the thali till the batter is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle chilli powder and coriander leaves on top.
- Steam in a steamer for 8 to 9 minutes till the dhoklas are evenly cooked.
- Cool the cooked dhoklas and cut into pieces