Make the delicious sev at home.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups besan
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of asofoetida (hing)
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Water to make the dough
Oil for greasing the sev maker.
Oil for deep frying.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a dough.
- Grease the sev maker with oil.
- Place the dough in the sev maker.
- Make thin strands of sev and directly put in hot oil.
- Deep fry till light brown colour on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper till the excess oil is removed.
- Let the sev cool and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and snack whenever.