This delicious flat bread is eaten with sindhisai bhaji. Healthy and nutritious it makes a delicious bite. You can refrigerate and use at your convenience.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 6
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp besan
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (kothmir)
- ½ tsp chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp jeera powder
- ½ tsp kasturimethi powder
- ½ tsp anar dana powder
- ½ tsp carom powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
Water for making the dough
Oil for making the koki
- Mix all the ingredients together, and add enough water to form a dough.
- Apply little oil on your hands and smear the dough.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into 6 portions.
- With a help of flour roll the dough to make an approximately 6 inch circle.
- In a non stick pan put some oil and partially cook the koki on both sides.
- Remove from the tava and mash to make a dough ball of the koki.
- Roll the dough again and approximately make an approximately6 inch circle. Prick the koki using a fork.
- With a little oil cook the koki on both sides till it is well cooked.
- Serve hot with curds and achaar.