Healthy and nutritious, it is normally eaten with Sindhi Koki or Chapati
- Soaking time: 3 hours
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 3 to 4 persons
- 1 cup soaked chana dal
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- ½ cup khatta bhaji (Indian sorrel leaves)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped brinjal
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- In a non-stick vessel heat the oil, add the asafoetida, garlic, tomatoes, onions and sauté for ½ minute.
- Add the jeera, dhania powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and sauté for ½ minute.
- Add the dal and brinjals, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, sorrel leaves, chilli powder, salt to taste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, cover with a lid and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for some time and mix with a hand blender.
- Serve hot with Koki’s or Chapati