Traditionally had during the holi months. Serve chilled, tastes super after playing holi.
- Soaking time: 8 hours
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: Nil
- Serves: 3 glasses
For the thandai paste
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (khuskhus)
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds (sauf)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups of chilled milk
- 4 ½ tbsp powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp rose syrup
- Chopped pista
For the paste
- Soak the almonds, poppy seeds, fennel seeds in water separately overnight.
- Remove the skin from the almonds and chop them into pieces.
- Remove the poppy seeds and fennel seeds from the water
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients of the thandai paste together.
- A smooth paste will be formed.
- You can deep freeze the paste and use when needed.
How to proceed
- In a vessel, mix the milk, sugar, rose syrup and 6 tbsp of the thandai paste.
- With a hand blender blend well.
- Serve in tall glasses and garnish with chopped pista.