Absolutely delicious and healthy. A must during Makar Sankranti.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 14 to 16 small ladoos
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ½ tbsp ghee
- ½ tsp cardamon powder
- 1 cup jaggery (gur)
For the sesame seeds
- In a non-stick pan roast the sesame seeds for 8 to 9 minutes.
For the peanuts
- Remove the skin of the peanuts and break them into small pieces.
How to proceed
- Heat the ghee in a vessel, add the jaggery, mix well for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds, peanuts, cardamom powder. Mix well for one minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate and allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wet your hands with water, form small rounds with the mixture.
- Allow the ladoo to cool and store in an airtight container.