Makes the regular idlis more nutritious and tastier. I prefer to eat my idlis like this.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4 to 6
- ½ kilo idli batter
- ¾ cup mixed boiled vegetables (green peas, carrots, yellow corn)
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
- Oil for greasing the idli moulds
- Green idli chutney and sambhar
- In a vessel heat the oil, add the vegetables, salt and chilli powder to taste.
- Sauté for ½ a minute.
- Allow the vegetables to cool.
How to proceed?
- Mix the vegetables with the idli batter.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil.
- Pour the batter in the idli moulds.
- Steam in the cooker for 8 to minutes till well done and soft.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambhar.